- Position: Associate Professor
- Office: 32-D470
- Phone: +1 (617) 253-8005
- Email: email@example.com
- Areas of Study: Vision & Graphics
- Last Update: June 16, 2013
- Download vCard
Polina Golland is an Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at MIT. Her research interests span computer vision and machine learning. Her current work focuses on developing statistical analysis methods for characterization of biological processes using images (from MRI to microscopy) as a source of information.
She received BSc and Masters in Computer Science from Technion, Israel in 1993 and 1995, and a PhD in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from MIT in 2001. She joined the faculty in 2003.
- T. Riklin-Raviv, K. Van Leemput, B. Menze, W.M. Wells III, and
P. Golland. Joint
Segmentation of Image Ensembles via Latent Atlases. Medical Image
Analysis, 14(5):654-665, 2010.
W. Ou, A. Nummenmaa, J. Ahveninen, J.W. Belliveau,
M.S. Hamäläinen, and P. Golland. Multimodal functional imaging
using fMRI-informed regional EEG/MEG source estimation.
NeuroImage, 52(1):97-108, 2010.
D. Lashkari, E. Vul, N.G. Kanwisher, and P. Golland. Discovering structure in
the space of fMRI selectivity profiles. NeuroImage, 3(15):1085-1098,
M.R. Sabuncu, S.K. Balci, M.E. Shenton, and
P. Golland. Image-Driven
Population Analysis Through Mixture Modeling. IEEE Transactions
on Medical Imaging, 28(9):1473 - 1487, 2009.
B.T.T. Yeo, W. Ou and P. Golland.
On the Construction of Invertible
Filter Banks on the 2-Sphere.IEEE Transactions on Image Processing,
P. Golland, W.E.L. Grimson, M.E. Shenton, R. Kikinis.
Detection and Analysis of Statistical Differences in Anatomical
Shape. Medical Image Analysis, 9(1):69-86, 2005.
- MIT: Jamieson Prize for Excellence in Teaching (2013)
- MIT: Smullin Prize for teaching (2011)
- Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention Society: Young Investigator Award (2011)
- Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention Society: Young Investigator Award (2010)
- National Science Foundation: Career Award (2007)
- Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention Society: Young Investigator Award (2007)