- Position: Professor
- Phone: +1 (617) 253-1355
- Email: email@example.com
- Areas of Study: Theory-Bio
- Last Update: June 1, 2012
- Download vCard
Alan Edelman is interested in software for high performance computing, numerical linear algebra, random matrix theory and its applications.
- "The mathematics of the Pentium division bug," SIAM Review, 39 (1997), 54-67.
- "The Future Fast Fourier Transform?," SIAM J of Scientific Computing, 20 (1999) with P. McCorquodale and S. Toledo. 1094-1114.
- "MITMatlab: A Tool for Interactive Supercomputing,'' SIAM conference on parallel processing and Supercomputing, March, 1999. with P. Husbands and C. Isbell.
- "Multiscale computation with interpolating wavelets,'' with T.A. Arias and R. Lippert Journal of Computational Physics 140 (1998), 278.
- "The geometry of algorithm with orthogonality constraints,'' with T.A. Arias and S.T. Smith SIAM J of Matrix Analysis and Applications 20 (1999) 303-353.
- SIAM: Research Fellow (2012)
- Mathematical Association of America: Lester R. Ford Award (2005)
- MIT: 1K Preliminary Award (2004)
- SIAGLA prize: Best Paper (2001)