- About CSAIL
- News + Events
- Alumni & Friends
Better Information Management on the Web
Submitted by Jillian Auerbach on Fri, 04/22/2011 - 20:43
The Haystack Group develops tools to help people better manage the information they deal with every day. Using methods from Databases, Machine Learning, and Human Computer Interaction, we develop a variety of tools to help people find, organize, author, publish, and share information. We build tools for the desktop and for the web. We run many ongoing projects that could benefit from UROP participation:
- List.it is a firefox plugin for managing "information scraps" that is being used by over 20,000 people;
- the SIMILE Timeline which helps people present temporal information on their web pages
- Exhibit lets people create rich interactive information visualizations on their web pages, involving maps, graphs, thumbnail grid, and assorted filters, all without doing any programming. Exhibit has been adopted by several newspapers (e.g. San Fransisco Chronicle) for online articles, and was featured on (="http://lifehacker.com/5192486/exhibit-transforms-your-spreadsheet-into-an-interactive-web-page">lifehacker).
- Wibit brings Exhibit to Wikis for collaboration, and Dido is a web-based WYSIWYG editor for it.
- Feedme is a firefox plugin for helping you share information with your friends.